Questions & Answers During COVID-19
^ Please watch the video for a tutorial of our new drop off and pick up procedures.^
With our world experiencing unsettling times, it is important that we remain calm, helpful, and encouraging with one another. After closing our doors on March 18th, 2020, the PPS family has been eager in returning to serve our treasured pups and pawrents! We are so excited to announce that we are re-opening for business on Monday May 4th, 2020!! As we are looking forward to a hopeful and prosperous future at PPS, we have been hard at work on developing procedures that will help preserve the health, safety, and well-being of our pups, pawrents, and staff. We have missed our pups and their families and are looking forward to welcoming new and returning pups with open arms (with social distancing in mind-of course!).
Yes- absolutely, our mission is to be your pup’s home away from home whether it’s half-day/full-day daycare or boarding, Add-on activities/services, we are ready to pamper and play with your pup! If your pup is new to the pack and our facility, their orientation day remains free! For pups who have been through our orientation process, they are already considered apart of our pack! Reservations are required for all future and same day services. You can make a reservation online under the current/new customer tab on our home page. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to call us at 952-333-PLAY (7529) or email us at [email protected]
We have temporarily changed our daycare hours to Monday-Friday 7:00am -6:00pm and Saturday 9:00am -5:00pm. We are closed on Sunday. We appreciate your patience with us as we navigate through these uncertain times.
We have responded to COVID-19 by eliminating ANY human to human contact. Listed below are the new guidelines of a safe and sanitary way to Pick Up and Drop Off your pup(s).
Drop Off: When arriving to drop off your pup(s) for the day,
- Please your pup(s) into one of our Wait Gates at the front of the building.
- Any food, treats, or medications can be placed in a clear bin located outside of each Wait Gate. Please label all personal items with your pups’ first and last name, along with the time the food/treat should be given written clearly on the bag.
- Please remove any personal collars and leashes and take these items with you- do not forget to bring them back for pick up!
- We will come right out to greet your pup with a fresh, clean lead.
- Next, a staff member will gently sanitize your pup’s coat and paws with pup safe soap and water. Your pup’s personal belongings will be sanitized prior to entering our facility.
Once your pup is gently sanitized, along with his or her belongings, we will guide them into their respected playgroups for a PAWsome day!
Pick Up: When picking up your pup(s) at the end of the day,
- Please let us know when you are here by a phone call or text message. If texting, please include you and your pup’s first and last name.
- We will bring your happy and probably tired pup and any belongings out to one of the two Wait Gates.
- Once staff has exited the Wait Gate, please enter the Wait Gate to greet your pup.
- Please place your pup’s collar and leash on (that you brought back from home).
- Grab any of your pup’s belongings and exit the Wait Gate.
- Give your pup some pets and a tasty treat for being such a good pup!
All reservations are required to have
CHECKING OUT: All reservations are required to have a debit or credit card on file for purchases. Unfortunately, we will not be accepting cash at our facility for the time being.
All check out procedures, including gently sanitizing your pup’s coat, paws and any personal items, as well as any credit card processing will be completed prior to bringing your pup(s) out to their Wait Gate. All transaction receipts will be emailed to the Pawrent’s primary email address on file.
SAFETY NOTE: To further protect the health and safety of our Pup Pros and our clients, we are currently refraining from giving kisses and close snuggles to our pack pups at this time. We are definitely sad about that, but we cannot wait to spoil your pup with attention, fun and socialization!
If any member of your household is exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19 such as shortness of breath, cough, sore throat, fever, rash, or muscle pain (that is not part of a preexisting condition), we ask that your pup stay home until their humans have recovered for the protection of our staff and other clients.