The newest and premier Dog Daycare and Boarding facility is now open in Lakeville! Puppy Play and Stay seeks Pup Pros to join our dedicated team of pet lovers. We offer open play spaces for dogs to “play like a puppy” on our Fun FURniture, take a snooze on our cots or enjoy the sunshine in our outdoor area. Pup Pros need to be dog-savvy, organized, confident, and friendly in this fast-paced environment.
Our ideal candidate will have knowledge of and experience with caring for pets in a boarding & day care environment. This position will require the ability to juggle a variety of responsibilities, with a strong attention to detail and excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Our Pup Pros are responsible for ensuring the playrooms are safe, calm and clean. Pup Pros are also responsible for helping feed the pups each morning and night, administering medications, walking the pups, cleaning up after the pups, and keeping our facility pristine and running smoothly. It takes a team to make it all happen, but we work together and are passionate about what we do!
Applicants must be:
- Experienced working with off leash playgroups (10+ pups at a time)
- Proactive and take initiative
- Confident with strong problem solving skills
- Comfortable working with pups of all sizes and breeds
- Very detailed oriented and able to follow instructions
- Flexible with schedule availability
- Reliable with transportation
- Dependable and willing to work various weekdays/weekends/holidays
- At least 16 years of age
- Able to be on your feet for extended periods of time
- Able to clean to a very high standard
- Able to lift 40+ pounds on occasion
Some responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Monitor anywhere between 10-30 dogs
- Greet new clients
- Assist with check in and check out
- Bathe pups and perform other grooming tasks such as nail trims, ear and eye cleaning, etc.…
- Understand and monitor pup interactions and step in to prevent altercations
- Jump into action in the event of an altercation following facility approved protocols
- Clean suites, yards, & play rooms
- Clean up messes (bodily fluids and feces) inside and outside
- Feed accurately according to pawrent instructions
- Wash dishes and laundry
- Previous experience in boarding or daycare environment is required (6+ months is preferred). This is an hourly paid position with additional tips. Full and Part Time available. Some weekends and holidays are a requirement of this position.
Job Type: Full-time and Part-Time
Hourly pay from $12-$15/hour plus tips. Depending on experience.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Discounted Services and Retail